Basically I do this when I find a recipe on line that I like and want to make sure I can find it again 🙂
- 2 Rainbow Trout fillets, boned and with skin.
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/2 cup butter (half a stick)
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Rinse off the trout and pat dry with a papertowel.
- Sprinkle the skin side with half of the mixture of the salt and pepper. I find doing it as a pinch makes sure it’s spread evenly.
- Heat the butter in a 12 inch or so nonstick skillet. When the butter starts bubbling, swirl it around to make sure it’s spread evenly around the pan.
- Add the two fillets skin side down and sprinkle the rest of the salt and pepper mixture on the fleshy side. Press on the fish to make sure the skin touches the pan.
- Cook time is about 3 minutes.
- When the skin side is done, sprinkle the garlic on the fillets and flip it over. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- After removing the fish, put the lemon in the pan and mix it up. Then drizzle the sauce over the fish.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.